“Safety is our priority and your responsibility.”
- It is forbidden to be under the influence of substance that would cause one to be a danger to himself/herself or others while shooting.
- It is strictly forbidden to shoot any live animal while on the property.
- All persons must remain on designated paths. No variation is allowed.
- No Shots at anything other than designated targets.
- Do not alter the course(s) in any manner.
- No littering on club property.
- Alert Drake Landing staff immediately of any safety hazards.
- Irresponsible behavior of any manor will result in revocation of membership, currently and future, and fines.
- All persons on the course must wear protective shooting glasses and ear protection at all times.
- The ONLY time a gun is to be loaded is while in a shooting station.
- When not shooting, the guns action must be open.
- At NO time will a shooter load more than two shells in a shotgun.
- The only shot size permitted is # 7 1/2, 8 & 9.
- Practice swings behind any station are prohibited.
- While waiting your turn be certain that you are safely behind the shooter and clear of his/her field of vision.
- At no times is a shooter to attempt to repair a machine. Shoot the remaining targets from the other machine, and report the trouble to the staff at the completion of the round.
- Only two show birds per group per station.
- Vehicles may be operated in designated areas only. They may not be driven, including but not limited two, off the paths, in front of stations, or in the fields.
- Operators assume full responsibility for damage or injury to themselves, their passengers and third party personal or property that may occur while operating a vehicle.
- Drivers are required to operate the vehicle in a safe and sportsmanlike manner, following the rules of operation. Failure to do so may result in fines and/or revocation of membership.
- Do not over load vehicles.
- No 4-wheelers allowed.
- Blaze orange will be required as outlined by North Carolina state law mandates.
- Any dog shot by a hunter will cost the hunter $7,500.00 plus vet bills.
- If any Drake Landing staff member feels themselves, others, dogs, or property are in danger of being shot, your hunt will be ended immediately and no refunds will be given.
- All persons on the field must wear protective shooting glasses and ear protections at all times.
- Any of the following rules that are not followed will be grounds for immediate expulsion from the shooting range.
- No Alcohol – before or during shooting.
- Any time the “Closed” signs are in place – all weapons will be “safed” and placed on shelf.
- At no time will any loaded weapons be pointed any direction other than down range.
- No weapon should be loaded until in booth.
- Any accidental shots must be reported to range officer.
- Shoot only at your target.
- Notify range officer if two people will be using “dueling” target.
- Hearing and eye protection required at all times.
- No Horseplay.
- Anyone under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum of two shooters per lane. Maximum of two spectators per lane.