There are no reservations for the use of the pistol pits. It is first come, first served. The Pistol Pit is open during normal business hours. To ensure your spot on the range, be sure to arrive no later than one hour prior to closing.
Drake Landing offers a 3 bay handgun range consisting of 1 pit with 4 static steel silhouettes ranging from 12-17 yards and two pits with 6 steel 8" pie plate racks at 12 yards.
- No Handguns larger than .45 caliber can be shot at the pistol pits.
- Drake Landing stocks ammo that is available for purchase in the clubhouse, only to be used at Drake Landing Shooting Ranges. We do not sell ammo to be used off Drake Landing premises.
- WE DO NOT RENT HANDGUNS!
RANGE AND MATERIAL PRICING
- $25.00 an hour per shooter.
PISTOL RANGE SHOT CARD
- $300.00 Per Shot Card. INCLUDES 15 HOURS OF RANGE TIME BRINGING HOURLY FEE TO $20.00 AN HOUR. AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN THE OFFICE.
Safety Rules and Regulations for the Pistol Pits!
- If you have consumed alcohol within eight hours or under the influence of prescribed or illegal narcotics, you will not be allowed on the range.
- Treat every firearm as if it where loaded even after you have determined it to be unloaded.
- Never point the firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot.
- Keep your finger straight and off of the trigger until you are on your target ready to fire.
- If your firearm has a safety, keep the safety engaged until you are ready to fire.
- Know your target and always consider its background.
- Ear and Eye Protection must be worn at all times when on the Pistol Pits.
- Any of the following rules that are not followed will be grounds for immediate expulsion from the Pistol Pits.
- When the Red Flag is displayed all ranges are HOT.
- No Handguns shall be removed from their cases or holsters until instructed by the Range Safety Officer.
- All Shooters will receive a Range Safety Brief prior to shooting their handgun.
- Any time you shoot at a steel target there is always potential for splash back from the projectile.
- Once the handguns are pulled out, they all must be benched on the ready bench with the actions open and the muzzle pointed down range.
- Once the handgun is loaded, the muzzle must be pointed down range at all times. If there is a malfunction, the muzzle must stay pointed down range, while the handgun is being cleared.
- If for some reason you hear the command cease fire, you must clear your firearm and place it on the ready bench with the action open and the muzzle pointed down range. You must move back to the picnic table, do not touch the firearm until cleared by the Range Safety Officer.
- There is no Rapid fire Permitted at the Range.
- At no time can anyone go forward of the shooting line without the permission of the Range Safety Officer.